Friday, March 28, 2014

How to repair damaged hair ♡


Having dry, damaged hair is seriously such a drag and i've dyed my hair so many different colors in the past few years and I haven't cut it at all for about three years so I know some really great ways to keep it looking and feeling amazing! The products i'm going to talk about are products you can pick up at the drug store. These are my favorite drug store remedies.

Aussie is a great choice because its actually really cheap and it comes with a lot of product. You can find it pretty much everywhere. Nexxus is a little more expensive and comes with less product, but it will work WONDERS on your hair. Whenever I bleach my hair I use this and it brings it back to normal. Coconut oil Is the most natural and clean way to bring your hair back to health. It's actually said to help your hair grow faster, too! Although coconut oil can be a bit messy.


Now that you have some great products to work with, let me tell you the methods i use with them. Once a week I deep condition my hair (I usually do this over the weekend) I get the conditioner i'm using at the time and drench it all over my hair, put it up in a bun, put a shower cap on and sleep with conditioner in my hair. When I wake up, I wash it out with cold water and allow my hair to air dry. Whenever I do this my hair feels like natural hair thats never been dyed and its lovely! If you have the time I really recommend trying it out, it will change your hair. If you have a blowdryer you could also apply heat to your conditioned hair while its in the shower cap.
♥ 
If your hair is extremely damaged you might want to stop using heat on your hair. Allow it to air dry and don't use styling tools. Brushing your hair while its wet can also damage it more since your hair is more sensitive when its wet. Remember that sometimes hair is damaged beyond fixing. Consider getting a trim. I know that if you're trying to grow your hair out you might not want that but if you have really bad spit ends its going to keep splitting and your hair is going to keep breaking and the growth won't show.
♥ 
Sleeping on a Silky pillowcase can also improve your hair TONS because it isn't rough against your hair. If you have curly hair or hair thats really frizzy, sleeping on a silky pillowcase will help it SO much. I have frizzy curly hair so I would know.

Using these methods will help your hair out so much, it willl thank you! Scouts honor ^__^ xo