Monday, July 15, 2013

DIY backpack customization ♡




Hey everyone! ^__^ Since last year I wasn't in school I wasn't able to show you guys all the cute DIY's I do to my school stuff, but this year i'm going back to school so I can finally show you! This is going to be a really easy DIY so even if you're super lame like me, you'll be able to do this! 


The things I bought to decorate my backpack are some patches, a yard of lace, and also a sewing kit! I bought this light wash denim backpack from American Apparel. You can also use ribbons, bows, pins, and fabric markers to decorate your backpack!


So heres what the backpack looks like when everything is on the backpack! I cut the lace to the size of the little pocket and sewed it on (ignore my bad sewing skills pls) The patches I got are iron on so I just used an iron to seal them on my backpack and last minute I saw a bow in my bathroom so i thought it would be cute to sew it on the zipper pull! 


Here are some details on the front pocket. I have some more patches to add on to my backpack but I might just keep it like this and add some pins ^_^ 


And heres the way I sewed the bow to the zipper pull. It was really easy!


I also added some strawberry patches to the straps because strawberries are adorable! I had to super glue these on because since the strap is kind of rounded the iron didn't really work. But it worked out anyway!


If you guys do anything similar to your backpacks, please show me pictures! We can all have super cute matching backpacks. Whenever I get a new backpack I like making it custom to me because it makes everything so much more personal to your style, and plain backpacks are just so... plain! 

♥ Don't forget to follow me on instagramtumblrtwitter, and facebook for the latest updates on my blog posts and what i'm up to!