Monday, July 15, 2013

Girl talk: Periods ♡

I've been putting this off for a while because I didn't know how a lot of you were going to react to this kind of post, but recently a lot of people have been asking me to make a post about periods. In this post i'm going to try and target a lot of questions and major points I feel that all people that have their periods should know. I might leave some things out, so like always feel free to leave your own input in the comments below! 


The first thing I want to talk to you guys about is tampons. I feel like tampons are really scary to a lot of people because its basically shoving something inside of your body. A lot of people think that tampons are only for people who have sex before, and thats not true at all. Tampons can be used by just about anyone. Its just the size of tampon that can be painful to you. Tampons come in different sizes that can absorb less, or more depending on what you need. If you have fairly light periods I would recommend buying the light tampons, if you have very heavy periods I would recommend buying the super tampons. Another thing I see people asking a lot is if tampons hurt, and they do not if you use the correct size and apply them correctly. Obviously you're not going to want to buy super tampons if you have a light period. Another reason it might hurt is if you don't push it up high enough in your vagina. If you only push it half way, it will hurt when you sit down. If you guys want another post on how to apply a tampon, please let me know! I will definitely do that for you guys. Something I really want to stress about tampons is that you HAVE to change them every two/three hours or even more often than that if you'd like. Tampons aren't something you can just put on and leave in all day because there is something called Toxic shock syndrome or, TSS for short that can happen when you leave a tampon in for long periods of time. TSS is something that is really serious and isn't something you can fool around with so if you are having symptoms like: Fever, feeling light headed, fainting, vomiting, or headaches you might be experiencing TSS, and you should tell a parent or someone you trust as soon as you possibly can. As long as you change your tampons regularly and use clean hands while applying, you should be okay! I would personally recommend all of my little kitten babies to use the smallest sized tampons for practice, before you start using super jumbo tampons. Don't feel discouraged if you try a couple of times and it doesn't work. Also, don't be scared! Your vagina won't suck it up I promise, theres a string and you can pull it right out if it hurts! Theres so much I can keep saying about tampons but i'll leave it at that note. Like I said earlier, I will make another post if thats what yo guys want! ^__^


Another important product to use while on your period is panty liners. I feel like these are often overlooked when people talk about periods. If you are having a very light period where you are only experiencing spotting, these are perfect for you. They are very thin but will absorb very light periods and you can barely see them. These are also useful for those of you who worry about leaking while wearing tampons. Just like the tampons, you should change these out about every two/three hours just for sanitary reasons. 


And here is a pad! I don't personally use pads to go out and about into the world because they can get pretty uncomfortable. Since you are sitting in blood, and its moist it can give you a rash and that just seems icky to me. I do use pads to sleep though! Because sometimes I end up sleeping for long periods of time, and I don't want to leave a tampon in for that long! Pads are pretty self explanatory. You just lay them down on you undies and live your life! Some pretty big downfalls of pads are that they can make you smell, and they are uncomfortable. So its just preference! You might end up liking pads better than tampons.

And lastly, is menstrual cups. I have never owned/used a menstrual cup so I had to steal one off the internet. But look, theres pretty colors! *u* But basically they are little cups that you insert into your vagina that catch and hold the blood before it comes out. You can buy reusable ones, or one time use ones. I can't really say much about these because i've never used them before so if you have please leave some information down below about them, like for example.. your experiences with them. I have heard that these are really safe though!


 Feeling fresh  
A lot of people have the problem that they feel really gross on their period and I quite often get questions about this so I thought i'd address it. There are wipes you can buy to use on your period that
help keep you smelling and feeling nice. I personally like the summers eve collection. Its fairly cheap and is made for sensitive skin. Summers eve also makes washes that can also help if you've been feeling icky.
You can also use these products even if you aren't on your period so dont be scared to buy them! ^__^ The packaging is also pretty cute so if you whip them out nobody is going to be like EW PERIOD GIRL!!! They'll just say, woah, look at her with those cute wipe things. I always keep around a little baggie with two tampons, two pads, and these wipes because you never know if someone around you might need something. Also, if you're on your period its really important to keep extras with you. You can put everything in a cute little bag and just stick it in your bag. You might also want to carry around a extra undie just in case you leak. 






 PMS  
PMS is something almost every girl has. PMS can make you irritable, sad, hungry, bloated, and just about every range of emotions in less than five minutes. I am lucky enough that I dont get very bad PMS I just crave a lot of food and get a bit dizzy. Its different for everyone so you might get it really bad, or you might not feel anything at all! I do get really bad cramps the first two days of my period though. They were a lot worse when I was younger, but they are still bothersome. If you have bad cramps or headaches while on or before your period you can try taking some pain medicine. I have another post on how to deal with your period, you can read it here!

Well, thats just about everything I can think of saying so I hope this was helpful to some of you! ^__^ Leave your feedback in the comments! xo <3

♥ Don't forget to follow me on instagramtumblrtwitter, and facebook for the latest updates on my blog posts and what i'm up to!